Yale Park Homeowners Association News and Information from the
Yale Park Homeowners Association
Yale Park Homeowners Association

Frequently Asked Questions  (FAQ)

from David Spigelmyer of the Richardson Police Department

Do I need a permit to distribute handbills/flyers?
Yes.  Effective June 1, 2006 Ordinance No. 3544 (Solicitation Ordinance) now includes the requirement to obtain a permit to distribute handbills, flyers or other advertisement.

What is the fee for a solicitors or handbill distribution permit?
Permits fees are a $35 non-refundable application fee plus $10 per person. Approved applicants will receive a permit card that must be displayed at all times during the solicitation.

Where do I go to get a permit?
Permits can be obtained from the Richardson Police Department, 140 N. Greenville Avenue.  For additional information, contact the Police Department at (972) 744-4922 or (972) 744-4923.

What are the requirements for distributing handbills, flyers or other advertisement?
Handbills, flyers or other advertisement may be distributed in a residential area by attaching them securely to the door of the residence with a rubberband only.  Attaching with tape or other methods is not permitted.

Please Note:  the name of the commercial handbill distributor or sponsor must be clearly printed on each handbill or other advertisement that is distributed.

Does a “No Solicitors” sign pertain to handbill/flyer distribution?
Yes.  Handbills, flyers or other advertisement may not be placed in any instance at a residence where a "No Solicitors" sign is posted.

Can I put flyers on cars parked in a shopping center/mall/street?
No.  Handbills may not be attached or placed on any motor vehicle on private or public property.

I have a permit from last year.  Can I still use that one?
Permits issued prior to June 1, 2006 are valid for one year from date of issue.  Permits issued effective June 1, 2006 will be valid for a period of 180 days (or 6 months) from date of issue.

I lost my permit card. Can I get another one?
Yes.  The fee for a replacement permit card is $10.

My company has a current permit.  Can I add another person to it?
Yes.  The fee for each additional person is $10.

I’m taking orders for a school fundraiser/selling Girl Scout cookies/Boy Scout greenery, etc. Do I need a permit?
Yes.  A permit is required for all door-to-door solicitation.  Fees are not applicable to schools or charitable organizations.

Email Mark Solomon Link to www.Assurnet.biz website

Email Abby Miller Link to www.FathomRealty.com website

Yale Park Homeowners Association
Designed & Maintained by Richard Klein